Total Creative Control
Take commanding, tactile control over any parameter of your favorite music software with the QX49. Through a standard USB connection, the QX49 receives power while also transmitting MIDI data to your Mac, PC, or iOS* software or MIDI hardware device of choice. Punch out a drumbeat on great-feeling pads, open up a filter with smooth, tight knobs, or adjust volume and playback of sequencing software with long faders and snappy buttons. QX49's immense parameter control and velocity-sensitive keyboard get your hands off the mouse and into the action for a more efficient, visceral music-making experience.
Flexible Features for Use with Any Music Software
With a 49-note keyboard, the QX49's pitch range is perfect for performing with software instruments and samplers while still remaining highly portable. QX49 provides you with a full compliment of controls including pitch and modulation wheels, octave up/down buttons, and the ability to send program changes directly from the keys. The keyboard can even be split into sections to control multiple instruments at once. The QX49's array of assignable controls work with virtually all music software and MIDI hardware devices.
Whether you're looking to fire drum samples, tweak a software synthesizer or adjust individual tracks in a mix, the QX49's extensive layout ensures appropriate feel and proper response with its eight sliders and rotary knobs, four backlit drum pads, and dedicated transport controls.
USB MIDI & Traditional MIDI
The compact controller features USB MIDI for easy connection to Mac, PC and MIDI hardware. The QX49 also has two traditional MIDI jacks: one for sending MIDI data directly from the keyboard and the other for routing MIDI data from a connected computer. When not using a computer, the QX49 can also be powered using a wall power adaptor (sold separately) to perform and control MIDI hardware. A footswitch input is also included on the back panel.
The QX49 comes with a copy of Ableton Live Lite software for performing, recording, and sequencing music right out of the box. The QX49 is also the perfect choice for controlling hardware MIDI devices. Its compact size and portability make it ideal for fitting into existing rigs and then hitting the road. Place it a tier above an existing workstation keyboard and utilize QX49's streamlined layout to maximize your sound and performance options.
*Connection to iOS devices requires an Apple USB adapter, sold separately as part of the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, plus a separate power adapter for QX49, also sold separately.
Ableton is a trademark of Ableton AG
- 49 velocity-sensitive synth-action keys
- 3 keyboard zones allow splits, layers, or both
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels add expression
- 4 dynamic drum pads can trigger loops, samples, and sounds
- 8 assignable faders access mixing and other parameters
- 8 assignable knobs provide hands-on tweaking
- 6 dedicated transport control buttons
- 20 presets save and recall your favorite settings
- Octave and transpose buttons—play in any range or key
- Informative custom backlit LCD
- Sustain pedal input (pedal sold separately)
- USB MIDI & USB power provide single-cable convenience
- 2 MIDI outs (Keyboard, Computer); 9V DC input allows stand-alone use
- Ignite music creation software from AIR Music Tech
- Ableton Live Lite software
- QX49 Keyboard Controller
- Ignite Software (Download)
- Ableton Live Lite Software (Download)
- USB Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
|Included Accessories:||QuickStart Guide, USB cable|
|MIDI Outputs:||1 5-pin jack|
|USB:||1 slave connector (MIDI over USB)|
|Power:||USB bus powered; Optional Power Adapter: 9V DC 500mA, Pin Positive, 5.5mm outer diameter (not included)|
|Dimensions:||(WxDxH) 32" x 9" x 3"|
How do I edit MIDI Channel and note-number assignments for the pads?
- Press the ADVANCED button to enter Edit mode.
- Press a key corresponding to the setting you want to edit. For example:
- Press the key labeled DATA 1 to edit MIDI note number assignment.
- Press the key labeled CHAN ASSIGN to edit MIDI channel number assignment.
- Strike the pad whose assignment you want to edit.
- On the right side of the keyboard use keys labeled 0-9, and ENTER to enter a new MIDI note number assignment for the pad.
- Press the key labeled ENTER to confirm your assignment
- To make additional assignments, simply strike another pad, and repeat steps 4-5 above.
- Press ADVANCED when finished to exit Edit mode save your adjustments.
What MIDI CC messages do the transport controls on the QX49 transmit?
Button MIDI CC Loop CC 119 Rewind CC 118 Fast Forward CC 117 Stop CC 114 Play CC 115 Record CC 116
|Manuals & Documentation||Size||Type|
|QX49 - Product Overview
|QX49 - QuickStart Guide
|QX Series - Controller Mapping in Logic Pro
|Software & Drivers||Size||Type|
|QX49 - Firmware Update Installer for Windows [v1.05]
Includes Wheel Calibration Tool, Update Application for Windows and installation instructions. Updated by Alesis on 2.29.2012.
|QX49 - Ableton Live Controller Map
Includes installation and setup instructions.
|QX49 - Cubase Controller Map
Includes installation and setup instructions.
Ignite provides a refreshingly original and musician-centric way to quickly capture, combine, and arrange your musical ideas. The intuitive graphic interface encourages you to experiment and explore new directions. Smart MIDI Chord and Phrase Players empower your ideas and bring them to life through over 275 superior instruments sounds created by AIR Music Technology. When you’re ready to collaborate with other musicians or take your ideas to the next level, you can share them through SoundCloud, or export your WAV and MIDI files and import them into Pro Tools—or any DAW software. Best of all, Ignite offers seamless integration with your Alesis keyboard controller, with no set-up chores to perform.
Click here to learn more about Ignite.