Record 24-bit audio in the palm of your hand.
Record stereo or four-capsule omni audio directly to an SD card with the pocket-sized PalmTrack. You can capture live sound anywhere and anytime without a single cable! The PalmTrack is perfect for recording quality sound in a wide variety of settings from rehearsals, jam sessions, and gigs to conferences, lectures, and classes to interviews and meetings. The possibilities are virtually limitless.
Recording with the PalmTrack is easy and flexible. Just insert the included batteries and SD card and press record! You can monitor while recording in headphones and watch the real-time level meters, or just switch on Auto Mic Gain and let the PalmTrack take the hassle out of recording. When you’re done recording, you can check out your recordings on the PalmTrack’s built-in speaker, using your own headphones, connecting the PalmTrack to your Mac or PC with its mini USB jack, or by removing the SD card and inserting it into your computer’s SD card slot or reader.
While you’re tracking, you’ll be able to easily tell that the PalmTrack is recording thanks to its red Record light. You can easily switch the mics’ gain from high to low with the left-side switch, and you can adjust the input level with the up and down buttons on the right.
You can choose between 44.1 and 48kHz sample rates, select an MP3 bitrate from 64 to 320kbps for maximum recording time, or choose uncompressed 16 or 24-bit WAV for broadcast-quality recording. For all-in-one recording, the PalmTrack has FOUR microphones housed in its protective grille. You can select two mics for stereo pickup pattern, four mics for omnidirectional pickup pattern, plug your own mic into the PalmTrack’s 1/8-inch mic input, or any line-level source into its 1/8-inch line input.
The PalmTrack also gives you powerful processing onboard, including bass compensation for reducing the proximity effect in close-miked situations, as well as Chorus, Pitch Shift, Delay, and Reverb settings for adding flavor and creative effects to your recordings. There’s also an MP3 voice mode that enables you bring out vocals from MP3s. On top of all of that, there’s even a handy tuner!
The PalmTrack has a bright, clear OLED display that shows you blue-on-black text and metering information, even in a dark club. It records running on the two included AA batteries. A 1/4"-20 threaded mounting point enables you to mount the PalmTrack on a mic stand with the optional ProTrack Adapter, on a table with the optional ProTrack Tripod table stand, or on a camera tripod for hands-free tracking.
- Handheld SD recorder with stereo and four-capsule omni pickup patterns
- Record 44.1/48kHz, 64–320kbps MP3 and 16/24-bit WAV
- Four onboard mics with high, low, and auto gain for overload-free recordings
- Bass compensation, Chorus, Pitch Shift, Delay, Reverb, MP3 Voice enhance, Vocal cut and Tuning
- Inputs for connecting 1/8-inch (3.5mm) mic and line-level audio
- Stereo 1/8-inch (3.5mm) headphone output and built-in monitoring speaker
- Includes SD card; works with virtually all SD cards up to 16GB
- USB jack for mass storage connection to Mac and PC
- AC/DC operation on 2 AA batteries (included)
- Threaded mounting point for tabletop and stand-mounted applications
- Record more than 10 hours using fresh alkaline batteries
- PalmTrack recorder
- SD card
- (2) AA batteries
- Quick start guide