By combining our expertise in reference monitor design with our proven track record in studio amplification, Alesis' new M1 Active™ Biamplified Reference Monitor offers the incredibly accurate response that perfectly translates to every playback system. Its internal active crossover and custom-designed dual amplifiers ensure an extremely consistent performance under a variety of different studio conditions and program material. The result is a broad, extremely flat frequency response, clear imaging with a wide sweet spot, high power handling and detailed high- and mid-frequency response that only a professional powered monitor can deliver.
- The M1 Active's woofer and tweeter were specifically designed for the most linear, low distortion response in powered monitoring applications. Its 6.5" woofer cone is formulated from non-woven carbon fiber. It's a material that has been used for the skins of combat aircraft wings, since it offers high tensile strength and low weight. In fact, carbon fiber is 25% lighter than polypropylene (the most common driver material) and hence provides quicker transient response in the low frequency range for superb bass response as well as a vast improvement in the detail of critical upper-mid frequencies. The M1 Active's 1" tweeter dome is made of pure silk, which offers a natural response that aids in preventing ear fatigue during long mix sessions. It also features an internal pole piece mounted phasing plug and is ferrofluid cooled to maintain the best balance of transient response to power handling.
Active Bi-Amplifiers and Electronic Crossovers
- Two audiophile-quality amplifiers-a 75 watt woofer amp and a 25 watt tweeter amp-were developed for the M1 Active, along with 4th order high- and low-pass electronic crossover filters. The crossover point was carefully chosen at a low 2 kHz, and produces an extremely wide dispersion zone as well as low midrange coloration. Also, the special time alignment circuitry that's been added to the tweeter section of this crossover allows the output of frequencies from the high and low drivers to occur in perfect synchronization, avoiding the time smear that's typical in less advanced powered speakers.
Attractive Cabinet Design with Dual Ports and Offset Tweeter
- In developing the M1 Active, the Alesis engineering team discovered that dual font-facing ports provided the fastest, most coherent and extended low frequency augmentation. Also, the unique offset design of the high frequency driver allows for the flattest frequency and power response in a speaker that offers such wide dispersion. The M1 Active's attractive mirror-imaged, charcoal- toned cabinet and magnetically-shielded drivers allow for placement in close proximity with computer or video monitors, and offers the added benefit of blending beautifully into your studio's decor without being obtrusive. They may be mounted in either a horizontal or vertical placement to best fit your studio's requirements.
The Alesis M1 Active™
- With the lineage of our TEC Award-winning Monitor Onet Studio Reference Monitor, Alesis speakers have already become a standard in project and professional studios around the world. If you're looking for the same great accuracy and detailed response in a powered system that's truly affordable, the answer is clear: the new M1 Active from Alesis.
Frequency Response (Hz-kHz)
- 45 Hz-22 kHz
Crossover Frequency (kHz)
- 2 kHz
- 6.5" non-woven carbon filter
- 1" silk dome
Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD in inches)